Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library!
Welcome to the Main Library at the University of Mount Union. We are located in the Kolenbrander Harter Information Center (KHIC). This guide is designed to orient you to the library space and our physical and virtual resources. Library staff are happy to offer help when looking for materials. If you have a question about the library, check out our FAQs or submit a question. We've even added the ability to chat with library staff. Click on the purple chat bubble whenever you see it and someone will be happy to assist you.
Operations & Services
- When items are returned, they will be quarantined for 4 days to follow established best practices before being checked in.
- The library will continue to waive fines as long as items are returned.
- The library staff asks that you request help from a staff member to retrieve an item from the shelves.
You might notice that the library's dry erase markers are not in their usual places. Please visit the circulation desk to request markers.
When you are finished with the markers, please return them to the circulation desk so that they can be sanitized for the next users.
At this time, the library will not circulate hammocks to anyone. We are unable to clean them sufficiently and want to protect the university community against the spread of Covid-19.
Please consult the library's step by step instructions for using the DWOC printer located near the service desks on the first floor of the library. Did you know that you are also able to fax or send documents via email from the printer?
Print reserves are not available this semester
- Due to the best practice guidance of quarantining library materials for at least 4 days, it is not advisable to provide access to print reserves.
- The library staff urge faculty to consider using electronic articles widely available through our extensive database collection. There are also streaming videos of several thousand films and documentaries that are a great alternative.
- For assistance, please complete the Electronic Course Reserve Request form.
The library has added virtual assistance via LibAnswers and LibChat to help users from anywhere when we are open for service.
- Check out the library's FAQs for immediate assistance.
- If the question you have is not listed as an FAQ, submit a question.
Organizations who wish to paint a window in KHIC to promote a cause or event may submit a reservation request to do so. Each organization is responsible for removing the painted decoration at the end of the reservation period.
Please complete the KHIC Window Painting request form and allow 24-48 business hours for a confirmation of your request.
Director of Libraries
, Africana Studies
, Civil Engineering
, Computer Engineering
, Environmental Science
, Human Resource Management
, Leadership Studies
, Legal Studies (Pre-Law)
, Mechanical Engineering
, Peacebuilding and Social Justice
, Reader's Advisory
, Sport Business
, UMU Libraries